http://www.asmeurer.com/python3-presenta...des.html#1
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
The pathlib thing at the end is actually super cool. Like, wiggity whack, yo:
>>> x = pathlib.Path("~")
>>> x / "docs"
WindowsPath('~/docs')
i am not refusing to upgrade to python 3.  all code i use for myself is targeted to python 3.  code for public distribution is target to both python 2 and python 3 (targeted to which the recipient has).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
isnt the last support for 2.x in 2020?
https://pythonclock.org/
I think the fact of 2.x not being maintained/bugfix soon is a good reason to switch to 3.x Wink

wow, how the time flies by. I remember this was almost all red.
https://python3wos.appspot.com/
Recommended Tutorials:
Personally, I don't worry about python 2.
If someone chooses to wallow in the past that's OK, but I won't support them
All of my code will be targeted to python 3

I will still answer specific python 2 questions.
Remember when python3 was clearly superior, but nobody could actually use it because any decent package was still only for python2? I felt like that was something that was explained over and over again on the old forums.
I guess I was lucky, when I first looked into Python, it was right at the cusp of 3.0 so that was my first official install.  Since I was just learning, it didn't matter about 3rd party mods since I didn't have any 'legacy' code to worry about.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Unless you wanted to do almost anything. Like use BeautifulSoup, which was python2 only for a surprisingly long time.
Remember the C to C++ resistance.
In the end it turned out that C was best for certain things, like embedded code, or drivers
and C++ for others
The difference with the python 2, python 3 resistance is that I think in the end the clear winner
will be Python 3 (unless you're the author of a certain book).
(May-11-2017, 10:12 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: Remember the C to C++ resistance.
In the end it turned out that C was best for certain things, like embedded code, or drivers
and C++ for others
The difference with the python 2, python 3 resistance is that I think in the end the clear winner
will be Python 3 (unless you're the author of a certain book).

C -> C++ is not the same as Py2 -> Py3.  I got up to speed on py2 but switched to py3 as soon as i finally understood the string vs. bytes issue enough to use it.  but i stayed with C and never went to C++ for anything.  to me, C -> C++ is like Py -> Perl.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.