Python Forum
General discussion about weekly top picks
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General discussion about weekly top picks
The purpose of this thread is to not pollute the weekly top picks with general discussion (and votes).
Recommended Tutorials:
What about rep given to each weekly winner? If their posts are recognized and voted on to win, it would seem valid enough to up their rep a bit.

last weeks.
https://python-forum.io/Thread-list-of-o...5#pid85975
Recommended Tutorials:
Possibly, at the moment there doesn't seems to be a great deal of interest in it or lack of awareness that it exists.
I am thinking this idea may not work out given the discussion we had about reading every post. We split up the work, and I'm reading a lot less of what others are posting, and feel I'm getting less input from others on threads I'm answering (not complaining about that last bit, just noting it). So I am certainly reading less of other's people's posts, and I expect there are posts I would nominate that I'm just not reading.

I have an alternate idea to recognize contributions to the board, but it would require some programming. I'm hoping to have a demo ready soon, but right now I'm visiting family.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
There was lot more involvement on the last forum indeed.

Now im curious as to what your ideas are on to automate contributions? Although im not sure how it would determine the merit of the posts.
Recommended Tutorials:
I added a global announcement to increase awareness of this weeks, weekly top picks.
im not sure if you guys just want to delete this feature and its posts or just let is sit and see if anyone at some point uses it?
Recommended Tutorials:
I'm sorry, but for the life of me I could not get access to the database, so I was not able to do what I had planned. It was just going to be like the members page: top posters for the month, who got the most likes and reputation, that sort of thing.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Aug-12-2019, 11:17 AM)metulburr Wrote: im not sure if you guys just want to delete this feature and its posts or just let is sit and see if anyone at some point uses it?
I will maybe not participate so much here,but if someone will use this feature then i see no problem to let it stay.