Python Forum
A good tutorial for beginners? (Youtube)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good tutorial for beginners? (Youtube)
Hallowings,

I am new to this, so my excuse if I am asking smt. silly :)

Uh, I just started coding, I finished all lessons on CodeAcademy (Python 2.7) so I have basic comprehension of classes, functions, libraries, bitwise operations...

Now I am seeking to start my own programs. I see Youtube tutorials as a good way to start.

I checked a few of them, I don't know, some seem using obsolete methods or smt....

Can you plz recommend me some good channel to follow?

Thanx!

Peter the Noob Noob
check the list of free python resources link in our help docs link above
Recommended Tutorials:
thank you, I will scan this place more. Currently I am investing all my time to simply coding.

I am just curious for recommendation of very good instructor, like youtuber or smt., so I can start fast with smt. good.

I am just checking some Avinash Jain and his youtube channel.
(Oct-16-2017, 06:37 PM)Peter_EU Wrote: I am just curious for recommendation of very good instructor

I think the docs are pretty good: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html
thanx and yes, I know of that,

butt what I am looking for is a GOOD youtuber/vloger who can explain making more complex apps, like GUI calculator (for instance) and so.

I fould some youtubers, most of them can't explain what they are doing and python documentation is sometimes so sh*tty that I got frustrated and left them...

So I a still looking for someone good....
To be honest, i would start using text tutorials as well. A lot of tutorials are not on youtube (or other videos), as well as a video can easily get outdated, whereas text can be easily updated. Yes you can add text on the screen for updates, but there is only so much you can do before you need to create a whole new video, and most of the time they dont bother.

The python docs can be overwhelming at first, but after awhile there is nothing else in comparison. Sometimes you can google an example more in depth when the python docs fails short. There is usually nothing faster than bringing up a python interpreter and executing >>> help(module_or_method_here) to quickly get the docs for it.
Recommended Tutorials:
ok, dud, thanx for the advice, I am going to follow it!
And thankx for the help() tip too!

Peter the Noob Noob
I'll also add, regarding youtube videos, on many of them, if you read the video 'description' (you may have to click the 'more' link) the will post a web link to the actual code. So keep an eye open for that.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
noticed that. Some are good, some offer no code to copy.

Just sent entire day over youtube code that eventually did not work :D
(Oct-18-2017, 06:01 PM)Peter_EU Wrote: noticed that. Some are good, some offer no code to copy.

Just sent entire day over youtube code that eventually did not work :D
A lot of code probably is python2.x while most everyone has moved on to python3.x now. You can easily change the code to fit python3.x if you felt up to it.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a good tutorial on installing Python correctly on Windows? CynthiaMoore 4 2,040 Aug-31-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  [Basic] Python Tutorial for Beginners MK_CodingSpace 0 2,169 Dec-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Last Post: MK_CodingSpace
  [Basic] Python Tutorial for Beginners in One Lesson (98 minutes) artur_m 0 3,991 Jan-23-2020, 09:15 AM
Last Post: artur_m
  [Basic] Interactive tutorial for beginners (codetheblocks) abhin 1 3,252 Feb-21-2018, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  PyGame Nibbles tutorial for beginners. Windspar 3 4,716 Jan-22-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: nilamo