Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A notice of activity
Hello community of Python, after much consideration, we will no longer be communicated our posts here due to the subtitles of the naming on this forum to be inappropriate and enforcing false identification. We will be answering any questions here and keep posts here for archiving.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
Everyone is free to decide whatever they want with respect to their activity on the forum. Because the basis for your decision is
(Nov-03-2019, 05:19 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: due to the subtitles of the naming on this forum to be inappropriate and enforcing false identification
you should have read User Titles section of the Help/Rules
this matter was discussed on several occasions. Use the search functionality to look for "user titles"...
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

We have, due to its unchanging nature, it's a problem and enables harassment.
Well Niv_Neos, we'll miss your contributions. Have a great day!
(Nov-03-2019, 07:03 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: We have, due to its unchanging nature, it's a problem and enables harassment.
little strange use words unchanging nature and enables harassment Think
Just because we use Monty Python user title(Guido van Rossum favorite comic group and where Python has gotten it's name from).
I think me and most other on forum think this is a funny interpretation with link to Python's name.
You are of course free to interpret this as you choose,Have a great day!
(Nov-03-2019, 05:19 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: subtitles of the naming on this forum to be inappropriate and enforcing false identification.
This whole thing is quite ludicrous. You know how many times we get requests to change some aspect of this website? We would be changing the titles to and from what they are based on user requests on a monthly basis. As the content is completely relevant to Python, it is the perfect quirky user titles that founded Python's name. I do not see in any way or form how it is inappropriate or false identification.

They are restricted from changing because we like the relevance to Python. We dont want people changing them to whatever they want unless they have been here for a long enough time. All team members can change it to whatever they want, and most of them have it set to something relevant to a Monty python skit or movie (including mine).

As a side note. A lot of forums have user titles that can only be modified with post count. Some of them you dont like, and some you do. Its just the way the world works. You can't like everything and everyone.

(Nov-03-2019, 06:48 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: it's a problem and enables harassment.
I would like to know how this enables harassment?

I am with the other team members. If we don't hear from you again, have a great day.
Recommended Tutorials:
I can't see anywhere harassment. I wish I have the time to think about silly user titles, where nobody should care about.
For me it's important that the communication itself is friendly, even if the members have strong different opinions abut things.

I can see parallels to the LGQT community. They are always pissed off.
It doesn't matter what you do, YOU DO IT WRONG.

So, if the mods will exchange the user titles, I bet there will come some other guy and ask if they can change it again.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
(Nov-03-2019, 05:19 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: We will be answering any questions here
Could you elaborate on your claims? What name(s) are "inappropriate"? When you say false identification, are you concerned that someone is going to think your name is Tim? Something else?
(Nov-04-2019, 09:49 AM)DeaD_EyE Wrote: I can see parallels to the LGQT community. They are always pissed off.
It doesn't matter what you do, YOU DO IT WRONG.
I realize you're saying this to vent, but please realize that "they are always pissed off" because they're often kicked out of their homes as teens and literally killed. I don't think that comparison is appropriate, and it's disrespectful to a community which endures constant and ongoing hardships.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NOTICE] subscriptions reset metulburr 0 2,281 Dec-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: metulburr