Python Forum
A trouble with VS Code
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trouble with VS Code
Alright, the last upgrade of Window 10 unexpectedly brought VS Code so I decided to give it a try. Started with following short tutorial from this forum. After installing several extensions something happened and my drop-down menu became transparent gray which is very irritating.
[Image: vscode.png]
Any idea what is going on here?

also, one more question:

Failed to save 'helloVSC.py': The content of the file is newer. Please compare your version with the file contents.

What does this mean? Why can't I simply save my file after making some edits?

I have no doubts that VSC is a very powerful editor but Notepad++ looks so simple comparing to it. Maybe I'm not ready yet. Angel
I've had some trouble with extensions, and now use only a very limited set:
Bracket Pair Colorizer
Python extension pack - Jayamanne
highlight-icemode
PlasticAB

Since I've done this, all has been OK.
Maybe I should just reinstall VSC. We'll see...
I disabled all extensions, the issue was solved, and then enabled one by one. The one that brought trouble is PlasticAB. After I uninstalled it things are ok again.
I believe PlasticAB was written by Snippsat. I do have that one installed, and haven't had any problems.
One thing I should mention is that I don't use the Microsoft extensions as I had some issues, but use extensions written by Jayamanne instead.

One other thing I always do is turn telemetry off, otherwise Microsoft can transfer whatever they want from your code files.
To do this: File-->Preferences-->settings .. Type telemetry and un-check all.
(Sep-04-2019, 10:24 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I believe PlasticAB was written by Snippsat. I do have that one installed, and haven't had any problems.
One thing I should mention is that I don't use the Microsoft extensions as I had some issues, but use extensions written by Jayamanne instead.
Snippsat from our forum? Big Grin

(Sep-04-2019, 10:24 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: One other thing I always do is turn telemetry off, otherwise Microsoft can transfer whatever they want from your code files.
To do this: File-->Preferences-->settings .. Type telemetry and un-check all.
Thank you, will follow your advice.
Quote:Snippsat from our forum?
Yes, I'm fairly sure he did this one.
I did not write PlasticAB it was just a theme i did use when making VS Code from start.
Now i use Flat UI(Dark) can recommend this Theme.
[Image: 36PX4c.png]
Flat UI also has a white background which is one of the reasons why I like Notepad++. Will definitely use it.

Now I have a problem with executing files.
When I go to Terminal>Run task it opens the box "select the task to run". What should I do then?
I took another approach - selected theme and overwrote default settings in settings.json. Set everything to my personal likings (currently have 124 lines in this file, already forgetting what some of them setting :-)).
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.