Python Forum
API Gateway to manage multiple API's get put data
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
API Gateway to manage multiple API's get put data
I have need to connect to multiple API's using get requests to pull and store some data which will then be used to compile put requests. I would like to find a very secure method of doing so considering I could be connecting to many API's eventually. Is this what an 'API Gateway' is for? Kong? Tyk? AWS API Gateway? I am curious how others have handled this. I would like to be able to handle the coding in Python and manage 1-100+ API get/put requests with like PostgreSQL or MySQL for the temporary storage for use in manipulating the data from multiple API's which will be used to do PUT requests. I don't think it makes sense to do this from scratch and security is important to me. I don't want to reinvent the wheel if possible.
API Gateways are something used by the provider of some APIs for routing requests, auth, etc. If you're just calling multiple APIs (i.e you're the client), I don't see how that would be relevant.

You likely need to give us more detail about what you're trying to do and what the concerns are if you need more help.
buran likes this post
First and foremost, thank you for the reply. I am finding that I am consuming more and more API's for different business needs. In some cases I am actually creating a tunnel betweeen 2 API's. In a nutshell I need to do GET and PUT requests between a handful of API's. I am using Python to do the calls and currently MySQL for local database buckets to create mini stores to process and return information.

I am trying to not recreate a wheel and figure that others have experienced this same need. To process data from many API's, massage the data locally and pass information back and forth. Having all of these API's credentials in one place is worrisome for me. My hope was that someone had already created some sort of framework to do what I am describing. To handle error logging, encrypting credentials, firewalls, etc.

Currently I just have an AWS Ubuntu server with Python 3.9 which I use to handle the current load of API's with MySQL used for data storage. If I just need to keep coding from scratch using the Python Requests module then so be it. I just figured there was some already written system to do what I am doing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python manage variables across project level mg24 1 886 Nov-12-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  How do you manage script? kucingkembar 14 2,632 Oct-15-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Load multiple Jason data in one Data Frame vijays3 6 1,500 Aug-12-2022, 05:17 PM
Last Post: vijays3
  Python, how to manage multiple data in list or dictionary with calculations and FIFO Mikeardy 8 2,523 Dec-31-2021, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Mikeardy
  how to manage crypto trading flooding data from exchange servers Mikeardy 0 1,209 Dec-26-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Mikeardy
  How to map two data frames based on multiple condition SriRajesh 0 1,448 Oct-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SriRajesh
  Load the data from multiple source files to one table amy83 2 2,521 Apr-27-2021, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Pandas: how to split one row of data to multiple rows and columns in Python GerardMoussendo 4 6,708 Feb-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: eddywinch82
  How to filter out Column data From Multiple rows data? firaki12345 10 5,008 Feb-06-2021, 04:54 AM
Last Post: buran
  Fetching data from multiple tables in a single request. swaroop 0 1,855 Jan-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Last Post: swaroop