Python Forum
Algorithms, A*, Greedy not for pathfinding
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Algorithms, A*, Greedy not for pathfinding
Hello all, do not want to clutter up the normal forum area, was wanting to know some typical uses other than Pathfinding for A* and Greedy that is not too complicated to understand and also does not need to be Python related but its ok if it is. Just looking for some assistance from some folks who may actually know what they are talking about. EXAMPLE if A* is used to predict the stock market, that is a bit too involved, just looking to do some reading away from the usual pathfinding stuff and get some ideas for my TEXT BASED GAME, thinking of putting this info in some Q and A, earn some extra points along the game play type idea. YES I am also searching around the web but I have no idea what to search for, OTHER USES FOR A* does not turn up anything. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
OK, if anybody looks at this in the very near future, I got an idea but ultimately its still pathfinding but not in the traditional sense such as for solving puzzles. When an electronics guy wants to lay out a circuit board and align up all the chips to allow the best PCB design with minimal cross over circuit traces which of course would be on the other side of the board if single layer board. LOOKING for more ideas please.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Structures and Algorithms Python timhu 4 108,242 Sep-20-2020, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis