Python Forum
Anyone use a tablet?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use a tablet?
(Jun-14-2017, 12:00 PM)buran Wrote: Calibre is a miracle. And is written in Python :-) and extendible

Can it change the sort order of the books on your device? That's the problem I'm having. I swore off Amazon for a year, so I decided to go back and read all my Kindle books, starting with the ones I haven't read in the longest time (but reading series in order). But the search feature sucks, and so I end up having to page through all 32 pages worth of books on my kindle to get to the last page and select a book. Can I select a book in Calibre, and move it to the front page in the book list on kindle? That wasn't clear from their video.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Jun-14-2017, 10:39 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Can it change the sort order of the books on your device?
No, it can't, I think. But frankly I don'y see the point to have that much books on the device anyway (and here comes Calibre to help organize your library on your computer).

(Jun-14-2017, 10:39 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Can I select a book in Calibre, and move it to the front page in the book list on kindle?
If it was not on the device and you upload it from Calibre (or download it - e.g. if you are using the build-in web server) it will be on the front page as a new book on the device

Also, why not organize your books in collections?
(Jun-15-2017, 05:50 AM)buran Wrote: Also, why not organize your books in collections?

On my kindle? I don't know of any organization options on the kindle. Everything is just on my kindle, except for stuff that was on my first kindle that I have ported over from Amazon.
I wish you happiness.
(Jun-15-2017, 09:48 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: I don't know of any organization options on the kindle.

They are called 'Collections', so you might have several collections, for example: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Reference, etc. Then you move the individual books to the appropriate collection. Still not alphabetized, but certainly better than just a bunch of books.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Ah, thanks
I wish you happiness.
I'm developing mobile sites and just noticed that I haven't use my ipad for a while. lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best distro for old 8' windows tablet? masonjones26 0 1,757 Dec-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: masonjones26
  Flash an old tablet with a new android? metulburr 4 4,793 Aug-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Larz60+