Python Forum
Apple High Sierra problem(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple High Sierra problem(s)
A week ago I updated to High Sierra and encountered two (probably related) problems in a proven Python 3 program - a Sudoku solver using tkinter (TTK) and Numpy. I reloaded the latest versions of all packages.
Here's what's happening:
1. Minor functions have been initiated based on 'focusout' from entry widgets - loading the puzzle. The function based on focusout has now stopped working for the last entry widget when the next widget is a button widget, although it still works when the next widget is an entry widget. Workaround: take focus to one extra entry widget without entering anything to get previous one processed before using the button.
2. Screen fields have been updated using .update_idletask(). This has stopped working until the initiated function is completely finished (apparently not recognizing any idletask indication), so that what used to be a progressive display of screen update during solution, now all takes place at the end. Workaround: I replaced all .update_idletask() with .update()

Is it just me or is anybody else encountering this sort of thing?
At least #1 item was finally fixed by an OS update yesterday. I haven't had time to check #2 yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple II universe gridsleep 0 525 Jul-05-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: gridsleep