Python Forum
Atom editor question
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atom editor question
It's time for me to renew my license with PyCharm.
I have decided to make an Ernest effort to use Atom editor instead.

I just installed atom, and the script package. I have a package loaded and am in developer mode.
Now I want to run my script, but don't have a command window showing. What's the sequence to
run a script?
Why don't you just use Community Edition of Pycharm? Sans remote debugging, yiu have most of the features.

I tried Atom for a while - for different reasons - and I can't say I liked it very much.
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
I have used the community edition.
I like PyCharm, I just want to give Atom a workout.
Quote:but don't have a command window showing
There is Ctrl+Shif+b for script package or for Atom runner Alt+R.
There are several  terminal packages.

I usually don't use these at all.
Here a screenshot,so on Windows i use cmder with ptpython as REPL.
Same setup for for Linux and usually Fish as shell and ptpython
AquaSnap(free) for easier tiling of windows.
Screenshot of split screen web-development.
Thanks snippsat

I've been using cmder since you suggested it a month or so back. Like it very much.

I like cmndr inside IDE!
It's a tad of a late reply, but I maintain the "Termination" terminal plugin for Atom: https://atom.io/packages/termination (assuming you're still looking for a terminal package). You can just launch it and use it like any other terminal/command prompt.

I need to try cmndr, thanks snippsat!
Editor: Atom with Material Syntax UI and the Termination terminal plugin

Micah 6:8

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  running scripts in ATOM - how to headstart into Python while using Atom and GITHub apollo 1 2,586 Dec-13-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  dil_bert Version-Control with Atom: how to set & configure the interaction apollo 0 2,580 Dec-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Last Post: apollo
  This talks a lot for the guys who're developing Atom wavic 1 2,735 Apr-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Larz60+