Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation Engine on Python?
Hey guys,

I am looking for an automation engine (like jenkins) but that runs on Apache httpd with Python, not Java I thought Selenium would be a help but when I went to download it it gave me a .jar (Java) file, I don't want Java involved, so I'm looking for one made with pure Python.

If anybody know about one, please let me know.

Thanks,
I'm confused about what you want. Do you want a CI/CD server (which is what Jenkins is), or something to automate interaction with a browser (which is what Selenium does)? They're two different things. Also, why do you care what it's written in?
Well, I'm looking for a web tool to automate processes (usually running on other servers), I have tried Jenkins, but Jenkins runs on a Java Web Applications Server (Like JBoss, or WildFly) and I'm trying to avoid Java Web Applications Servers because they take too many resources from the host, so I was looking for one that runs on Apache httpd, hopefully using Python or PHP instead of Java.

Does that make more sense?
Resource usage seems like a fair point, but I don't think limiting your choices based on technologies seems right. What kinds of tasks are you trying to automate (your phrasing doesn't make me think CI/CD)?
I have a monitoring system sending emails to a ticketing system when problems happen, some or most of these problems can have a way to fix using an automation, so I want to create an automation server for when these problems happen and run the automation for the problem(s), only the automation engines I find are all in Java and you know the rest.

Does that make more sense?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automation WEB sel+Python ABVSVL 3 2,025 Jul-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Session engine in Django karansingh 1 2,018 May-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Last Post: animeshagrawal28
  Python Script-To perform automation of excel values which need to be feeded into we mrinal3411 1 2,418 Jul-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  [Intermediate] Python web Automation testing vardhhan 0 3,471 Feb-18-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: vardhhan
  Python Selenium Document Lookup and Download Automation Error - Target Machine active Guttmann 4 5,154 Apr-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: metulburr