Python Forum
Best module for creating a web based form?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best module for creating a web based form?
(Aug-06-2020, 04:31 AM)t4keheart Wrote: lol I was hoping for a simpler cleaner way to accomplish the same thing that ajax does- updating the content on the form without reloading the page... hopefully with flask. If I have to throw some js into the form html page itself that's fine.
That's usually how it works it's not many lines to do a Ajax form update or whatever want to update without Reload the page.
Here a older tutorial Ajax in Flask,so it's 4-5 lines of JavaScript.
jQuery as i use here still make it relatively easier to implement than vanilla JavaScript methods,
no do modern developers tend to mock jQuery as the use eg React,Vue,Svelte...ect as that's cooler.

I do like Svelte approch and i have it running running from Flask,so will do some experimenting with it.
Not knowing much about web development, but there seem to be great ways to run Python in the browser. What do you think of this?
(Aug-06-2020, 12:31 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: Not knowing much about web development, but there seem to be great ways to run Python in the browser. What do you think of this?
I have done some testing with Brython a while ago,but did not use more than some test.
The problem with most of these approaches is that it's just a abstraction layer to avoid write some JavaScript code.

Usually is not much JavaScript that need to written if it's a small/medium size project as TS is doing in this Thread,
also Jinja(build into Flask) make is easy to transport Python code from server into HTML.

If look what used most on GitHub --> GitHut 2.0,so do we see that JavaScript and Python is clear ahead.
So it can be smart to learn some JavaScript if doing web-development,is not like that Modern JavaScript is so far away from Python anyhow.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using python requests module and BS4 to login on an Wordpress based website apollo 1 9,416 Feb-06-2018, 01:31 AM
Last Post: metulburr