Python Forum
Buying Computers by the page
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buying Computers by the page
Check this one out http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/cou...packaging/
Interesting, but I do take exception to his example:

Quote:If a design change is needed in this process, engineers may need to do some redesigning (sometimes of the PCB overall), change the component list, and then change the entire production line to account for this change. The time it takes to make changes can cost a company both money and resources with typical PCB lead times being seven days. These seven days translate to seven days of stalled production and consequently, seven days of effectively no sales.

I don't think this is a problem as large as he seems to indicate.  Most designs are created using electronic circuit simulators.  In fact I used a version almost two decades ago called Multisim to create a multi-county severe weather alert system for an electronics manufacturer, which utilized 'dry pairs' from the Bell System.  With the software, I was able to test not only my circuit, but also multiple situations with the Bell System's plant, for just about every situation I could think of, before even buying the first component.  Though there is no way I could afford Multisim today, there are several 'free' simulators out there.  A partial list can be found here: EDA Simulators , for those who enjoy building their own circuits.

I am not saying the crux of his article isn't valid,just that he needs to find a better example for why this 'technology' is important.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm not clear on buying WingWare Pro 357mag 3 2,515 Apr-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Microsoft buying GitHub ... Mercy! Larz60+ 14 7,500 Jun-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: wavic