Python Forum
Can Pygame import and export SVG?
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can Pygame import and export SVG?
I am making a Vector Graphics game.
maybe they can be files with patterns to fill in. read in the file as one big string and apply the .format() method where they need to be dynamically modified.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I heard SVG cannot be imported,exported or rendered in Pygame but is there an extension that can do that?
what are you trying to accomplish with the SVG?  maybe some other module will meet your needs.  there are several modules intended to work with SVG.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I just want to know,is there an extension that can do this?
(Feb-07-2017, 01:31 PM)OnisionTheOninonBoy Wrote: I just want to know,is there an extension that can do this?

we call them (extensions) modules.

most of the python coders here do not work with SVG or games and thus are not generally familiar with the modules related to SVG or games.  we do know many exist and can even name some of them.  for example there is one called svgwrite.

what you need to do is research the many modules that exist and determine which can do what you need.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pygame*import pygame ImportError: No module named pygame CASPERHANISCH 1 9,709 Jun-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Cannot import Pygame PySoD 9 9,066 May-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PySoD