Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can WYSIWYG Die?
OMG. This might be stupidly simple. Can someone else confirm this?

The only way i can ensure to get formatted text is from PyCharm. Otherwise i had trouble finding it to do the rich-text.

1. make sure you have WYSIWYG by selecting formatted code and pasting it with just Ctrl + v to get the formatted text. Ensure you get what is below.
  2. Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Other Options -> And then check the option for "Put the editor in source mode"
  3. (hard refresh) do not use an old tab when you were using WYSIWYG
  4. paste again the same formatted text with Ctrl + v and it should NOT be formatted

If others get this same we can just switch be default to source mode.

Or you can copy this...
@decorator(param=1)
def f(x):
   """ Syntax Highlighting Demo
       @param x Parameter"""
   s = ("Test", 2+3, {'a': 'b'}, x)   # Comment
   print s[0].lower()

class Foo:
   def __init__(self):
Recommended Tutorials:
Test
@decorator(param=1)
def f(x):
@param x Parameter"""
s = ("Test", 2+3, {'a': 'b'}, x) # Comment
print s[0].lower()

class Foo:
def __init__(self):

seems to have worked
ok so i set all current users to source mode however the sql command to set source mode by default for new users didnt work. Ill have to figure it out
Recommended Tutorials:
So i had a lot of trouble finding a route to set everyone to source mode. sql commands wouldnt work, templates setting sourecmode to true didnt work, etc.

There is only one way i could figure out how to make sure people use source mode and that is to enable sourcemode when someones enters the editor. However that bypasses their personal option meaning no one could ever use WYSIWYG. Not that care because i hated it, but it would restrict people to force in one direction.

I could leave it as is and if someone from mybb team ever respond i could figure out a way to make it by default? But if we all hate WYSIWYG editor we could just leave it?

Ill await to hear what people say before changing anymore.

Im assuming the WYSIWYG editor was the problem for removing whitespace from the OP of this thread as well as that weird issue where it would remove 1 space from indentations? Also the whole BBCode help do would have to be rewritten as WYSIWYG wouldnt exist anymore.

@decorator(param=1)
def f(x):
      @param x Parameter"""
  s = ("Test", 2+3, {'a': 'b'}, x)   # Comment
  print s[0].lower()

class Foo:
  def __init__(self):

EDIT:
The code when switched to preview still shows the code not indented...but when posting it is indented...so yeah there always seems to be something lol

EDIT2:
Oh wait. i guess that is only if you dont use python/code tags it doesnt indent in preview. Otherwise it does the first time.
Recommended Tutorials:
Options are good, but I'd err toward fu-
Oh this isn't isn't the admin section. I'd err toward screw it. It's not worth the trouble.
yeah i might just follow that advice. I google searched and read thoroughly everything on the first google page, each thread listed. When i posted on their forums, i said i tried X, Y, Z listed out from this google search. My only response was a link to let me google this for you with the same google search that i got X, Y, and Z from  Shocked

Sometimes you get a lot of help, and sometimes you get none.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WYSIWYG dead, source mode enabled metulburr 0 2,804 May-31-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: metulburr