Python Forum
Very big font needed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very big font needed
I need 5 digits counter number to fill HD screen, so it can be visible from long distance.
So far I can't find how to make fonts bigger than 127?
I need font size > 500
And what GUI software are you using?
I'm using tkinter. Does font size limit depends from GUI software?
Maybe and maybe not -- but knowing what your base GUI is helps us know what and who can answer your question - I am not a Tkinter aficionado so I definitely cannot say but there are Tkinter folk and maybe the will chime in now -- of course if you message had denoted Tkinter then without opening this post they would know this was something they could answer
Sorry for confusion, but my problem is font size and I don't mind to solve it by using some another GUI software. I'm quite new with Python and willing to try everything to get my goal.
if tkinter has a size limit for fonts you can import pygame and render any font to a surface in any size you want. You can also use any font you want. I get them here https://www.1001freefonts.com/index.php
As a note I know that Qt uses stylesheets to handle some of its formatting so I would venture to guess that Tkinter has a similar mechanism as well along with perhaps having something that handles font dynamics all by itself as again I know Qt has this feature but if you are wanting to use Tkinter and have been then its just as good for most things as any other GUI renderer.