Python Forum
Can't attacha ny files onto this forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't attacha ny files onto this forum
I do not have the attachments tab under the textbox. Am I suppose to enable something?

my code here
Did you bother to read the Help Document?
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
I did read it. It says, to make an attachment, use the attachments tab under the text box. I don't have that option
Don't know what to tell you, I certainly have it, in fact I'm looking at it now, underneath the editor in a section labeled "Attachments"
You try now that you have 5 post,there are Permissions that may need some improvement.
The specific  link for attachments is Attachments

However the forum rules state that a new user is not able to add an attachment until their third post - see Privileges or Permissions         

Users with 0-1 Posts - No signatures, no profile links, cannot change user title, cannot post attachments, cannot post clickable links in posts, cannot like posts    

Is it possible that this is the issue?
Bass

"The good thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from" Andy S. Tanenbaum
Actually, as @snippsat pointed out, it's 5 or more posts in order to add attachments and as you point out, is also contained in the docs.
Agreed - @sparkz_alot.

My post overlapped with @snippsat (don't you just hate it when it does that!  Smile

Bass

"The good thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from" Andy S. Tanenbaum
The thing is though, some of my questions need references so the reader of the question can better understand it. Every time, I post question, everyone is confused when I think its clear
(Aug-31-2017, 01:10 PM)snippsat Wrote: You try now that you have 5 post,there are Permissions that may need some improvement.

Yeah some of the help docs were a little outdated. Updated and fixed it up a bit. Added some links to the permissions page from various other help pages to help inform people of the privileges/restrictions. And made the permissions page the primary location for privileges/restrictions for obvious reasons.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,291 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap