Python Forum
Can't post because I am a spammer?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't post because I am a spammer?
First time posting in this forum. I was going to post a question I had and I wanted to include pictures because I think it'll be the easiest way to explain my problem. But it is not letting me post because it's saying I need to prove I'm not a spammer?? How do I go about that?

Thanks,
Brian
Quote:But it is not letting me post because it's saying I need to prove I'm not a spammer?? 
This is an anti-spam measure for users posting URL addresses with less than 5 posts.....not images. You must have a link in your post somewhere. You need 5 posts to be able to post links.
https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=31
The error message should of informed you of this
Quote:You cannot post clickable links on this board until you proved you are not a spammer.

On a side note...images are rarely needed to express your information. Especially if its code and errors in which you can copy/paste into BBcode
Recommended Tutorials:
If you need to post a link do it but tear it to pieces:

https:// python-forum.io/ images/logo.png
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Anyway, posting pictures of your code or its output is discouraged, the pictures cannot be used to copy/paste the code so that we can try it. So unless you want to show some visual effect, copy/paste plain text. In programming environments there is always a way to copy output and code tothe clipboard.

You can bracket your code in [python] tags and the output in [error] or [output] tags. These tags have a start form: [tag] and end form: [/tag].
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
Since no one seems to have acknowledged this...

I realize that your post doesn't say you want to screenshot code or an error, and that visuals for flow diagrams and such can be incredibly useful. That said, please start out without an image. We can escalate your privileges if it's not clear, but it's worth the effort for you to try to describe it in natural language first both for your benefit and ours - when I originally joined this forum, I was a bad question-asker, but as I learned to ask better questions I got to the point where a well-formulated post was enough to help me get unblocked without actually submitting it.
Well what I meant by image is not code. I have an text array of a maze that is displaying strange characters in the front when I run my code and I wanted to show that as an image because it was difficult trying to explain what I was seeing.

Thanks.
Quote: I have an text array of a maze that is displaying strange characters in the front when I run my code and I wanted to show that as an image because it was difficult trying to explain what I was seeing.
I still think you do not need to show it as an image. If you wrote the program from scratch, you can just post the section of the code that outputs your "odd characters". You could just print out the output and copy and paste it. An image doesnt show us anything that what those odd characters are. We would still need your code in code tags to help determine why they are there and how to remove them. 

But if you insist on using an image....
Instead of posting a link to an image, upload an attachment to the forums of the image
https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=35
Recommended Tutorials:
re-direct the output to a file.  output the file and see if you have the odd characters there.  now you can use commands like od -Ax -tx1 -w32 to see what byte codes are making your terminal output odd characters.  your terminal may not be doing things the same way our terminals do.   we might not understand the oddities of your terminal.  we understand byte codes better.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.