Python Forum
Cannot attach to com port with Pyserial
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cannot attach to com port with Pyserial
I am using a microcontroller to send some data to a PC using Virtual Com Port (USB interface). I am using pyserial to receive the data on the PC. I am having issues with the com port. Sometimes, I am able to connect to it, but other times I am not (even if I restart my PC). Would anyone here be able to advice?
My code to attach to serial port:
while True:
    try:
        ser_handler = ser.Serial(port= "com4", baudrate=115200, bytesize=ser.EIGHTBITS, parity=ser.PARITY_NONE, stopbits=ser.STOPBITS_ONE, timeout=None, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, write_timeout=None, dsrdtr=False, inter_byte_timeout=None, exclusive=None)
        break
    except ser.SerialException as excp:
        print('Serial Exception')
        print (excp.args)
        time.sleep(2)
    else:
        print('Some other error')
        time.sleep(2)
The error I get:
Error:
Serial Exception ("Cannot configure port, something went wrong. Original message: OSError(22, 'The parameter is incorrect.', None, 87)",)
I know it has something to do with the release of com port. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
AQ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is there a way to mention port range or search for port dynamically with qConnection Creepy 0 1,449 Sep-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Creepy
  Is it possible to attach to an open existing Browser? tommytx 7 2,982 Apr-27-2020, 12:40 AM
Last Post: tommytx
  Problem with updating file to attach/pynput jameseroni 7 4,402 Nov-02-2018, 03:47 AM
Last Post: jameseroni