Python Forum
Click in the (…) icon in youtube with selenium PyChrome
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Click in the (…) icon in youtube with selenium PyChrome
Hello, I'm trying to do a bot that sign in youtube, pick a random video and click in the (...) button, I have done the SIGN IN and the video pick but I couldn't be able to click the button (...) inside the video. I have tried by ID, class name, xpath and css locator. I'm using python selenium PyChrome for this, thanks for your answers :)
Using this on python:
link = "youtube.com"
from pyChrome import PyChrome
browser = PyChrome()
browser.open(link)
#here goes the code for the SIGN IN and the video pick up, let's imagine that we have already picked one video
locator = ""
element = browser.findElement(id,classname,xpath,css = locator) #have tried those attributes
browser.clickElement(element)

By clicking in the inspect option of the button (...):
<button is="paper-icon-button-light" id="button" class="dropdown-trigger style-scope ytd-menu-renderer" aria-label="More actions">
<yt-icon class="style-scope ytd-menu-renderer"><svg viewBox="0 0 24 24" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" focusable="false" class="style-scope yt-icon" style="pointer-events: none; display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%;"><g class="style-scope yt-icon">
<circle cx="5" cy="12" r="2" class="style-scope yt-icon"></circle><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="2" class="style-scope yt-icon"></circle><circle cx="19" cy="12" r="2" class="style-scope yt-icon"></circle>
</g></svg>

</yt-icon>
<paper-ripple class="style-scope paper-icon-button-light circle">

<div id="background" class="style-scope paper-ripple" style="opacity: 0;"></div>
<div id="waves" class="style-scope paper-ripple"></div>
</paper-ripple></button>

The error message it's always: Couldn't find element or Couldn't click element by id,classname,css or Xpath
Ive never used pychrome, but have you tried it with just selenium and the default Chrome? Might as well be worth a test to see if this PyChrome has some issues.

What is the actual xpath you are using...i get
//*[@id="button"]/yt-icon

9/10 times i cant find an element; i forgot to delay as the program tripped over itself. Try to add a delay after logging in, as well as picking a video
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-17-2017, 07:18 PM)metulburr Wrote: Ive never used pychrome, but have you tried it with just selenium and the default Chrome? Might as well be worth a test to see if this PyChrome has some issues.

What is the actual xpath you are using...i get
//*[@id="button"]/yt-icon

9/10 times i cant find an element; i forgot to delay as the program tripped over itself. Try to add a delay after logging in, as well as picking a video

Hello metulburr, thanks for the reply and I have already used that xpath and it goes to the "upload a video" button, it seems that they have the same xpath at that point and it is taking it first. I'm wondering if there is a chance to use the arial-label attribute, I have been looking for it but I couldn't find anything about it.
Can try this xPath.
//button[@aria-label="More actions"]
(Oct-17-2017, 10:37 PM)snippsat Wrote: Can try this xPath.

This was the answer, Thank you!!!
(Oct-17-2017, 10:37 PM)snippsat Wrote: Can try this xPath.

How did you find that via inspection?
Recommended Tutorials:
Have to do it another way when inspection copy fails.
<button is="paper-icon-button-light" id="button" class="dropdown-trigger style-scope ytd-menu-renderer" aria-label="More actions">
aria-label is an attribute that can be selected with @(Selects attributes).
So as example the CSS class attribute would be:
//button[@class="dropdown-trigger style-scope ytd-menu-renderer"]
But as several buttons that has same name of class and id,there is aria-label="More actions" attribute that is unique to only that button.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Click on a button on web page using Selenium Pavel_47 7 4,681 Jan-05-2023, 04:20 AM
Last Post: ellapurnellrt
  Log In Button Won't Click - Python Selenium Webdriver samlee916 2 3,827 Jun-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Last Post: samlee916
  Hyperlink Click is not working in Selenium webdriver rajeev1729 0 2,025 May-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: rajeev1729
  selenium click in iframe fails 3Pinter 6 5,116 Apr-29-2020, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Python Selenium .click() Loads Error - Works Manually.- Events not Triggered NSearch 24 11,755 Aug-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Last Post: NSearch
  Selenium click on popup button??? GuJu 7 7,868 Jul-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Nizam
  Click Element if displayed using Selenium and Python giaco__mar 1 3,538 Dec-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Click an icon on a browser cheeks13 2 3,420 Aug-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: cheeks13
  Selenium xpath finding gif to click fyec 1 3,805 Jul-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Selenium chromedriver and click action Gilles95 4 13,278 Feb-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Gilles95