Python Forum
Coding is going to give me a heart attack
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding is going to give me a heart attack
I never realized how frustrating and rage-inducing coding could be (or usually is). I constantly run into problems at even the most basic level and can't figure out why these very basic components aren't working. My heart is constantly pounding and it's making me chain smoke and drink a whole bunch more than I used to. Does anyone else experience this?
Yes. I often get pissed off and have to walk away from the computer. Sometimes even days before i come back to it. Some people say it works well with them, but i often find myself quite frustrated. The benefit of doing it as a hobby instead of a job, you can have as much non-coding time as needed as opposed to a deadline.

If i find myself getting stressed from something, then i stop doing it (at least for a cool-off period). My dad died of a heart attack from stressing over the entire course of his life. And the one thing i learned from him is its not worth it if it raises your blood pressure. "Meh, i lost my job...i can take a break now. Meh, my car broke down...i can get some exercise on my bike then."

If your getting stressed from coding...try taking a break. Or try to not take on so much. Sometimes new coders try to become experts in a month....and that is just not going to happen. It takes time for a reason. We are not Superman.

The nice thing is it happens less often after you acquire a knowledge in the fundamentals and the 3rd party libraries you use often.

PS your questions on this forum have been very limited in detail. You ask something you want to do, but dont give an example along with it. It helps tremendously when there is an example code along with it. A good question with enough information would include in the post
Quote: Describe the symptoms of your problem carefully and clearly.
Describe the environment in which it occurs. Provide the Python version, execution process, Operating System, 3rd party library, program structure, etc.
Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.
Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself before you asked the question.
Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration. How did you install X program? From where? Provide the install link. Describe how you installed it, etc.
If at all possible, provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.
Describe the goal, not the step. If you are trying to find out how to do something, begin by describing the goal. Only then describe the particular step towards it that you are blocked on.
Describe your problem's symptoms in chronological order
Describe the problem's symptoms, not your guesses
Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
Use meaningful, specific thread/subject titles. From the title alone it should give a good indication of what the problem is. It should be a summary of your post. For the Smart Post above, you could use "I am getting an IndexError" or " Unexpected IndexError". If you are not getting the output expected and not getting an error at all, then it would be "Unexpected Output".
Separate the main question from the details to easily identify. Include a main question and do not assume the problem is obvious without it.
So you might get better responses back to your questions if you include this type of information in your questions from now on.
Recommended Tutorials:
That happens to me when people post threads in the wrong part of the forum Wink