Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion in Framework and IDE ?
Hi,
i am newbie in python and i wanted to know that what is exact difference between Django and Pycharm ?
can i create website/web application only using IDE (Pycharm/PyDev/Aptana) without using Web Framework (Django/Flask/Bottle) ?

Thanks
(Jun-30-2019, 03:54 AM)ift38375 Wrote: i am newbie in python and i wanted to know that what is exact difference between Django and Pycharm ?
Django is Python web-framework and PyCharm is and editor for writing code.
(Jun-30-2019, 03:54 AM)ift38375 Wrote: can i create website/web application only using IDE (Pycharm/PyDev/Aptana) without using Web Framework (Django/Flask/Bottle) ?
Yes,but to be realistic definitely not without a lot work.

For a little history Why is WSGI necessary and The Rise of WSGI.
Today is all Python web-frame build on top this Python solution WSGI,and CGI is not used at all.
So web-framework has done all the underlying job with WSGI,so doing web-development don't need to struggle with that do.

Both Django and Flask are good,i like Flask as work close to html,css,JavaScript with very little overhead.
Django has an other model with a lot stuff build in,even if need it or not.
You look at a simple setup in this post.
Also note that getting staring is simple as both comes with build in web-server for all local development.
Hi,

Quote:can i create website/web application only using IDE (Pycharm/PyDev/Aptana) without using Web Framework (Django/Flask/Bottle) ?
Yes, you could do that. Anyway, only people which have way too much time and are totally in torturing themselves do that. Everybody else uses a web framework. Django and Flask are currently the most common ones. Bottle is also nice for small / easy applications, but Django and Flask have a much bigger community.

Regards, noisefloor
(Jun-30-2019, 03:54 AM)ift38375 Wrote: i am newbie in python and i wanted to know that what is exact difference between Django and Pycharm ?
One is designed for running websites, the other is a text editor.
What's the difference between a car and a wrench? One gets you places, and the other helps you work on things.