Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect BigSQL using python
Hello I have to connect & retrieve data from BigSQL using python.I have written a java code for doing that & I'm invoking my java code from python. My java code is following

public class Hello { public static void main(String[] args) { try(Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("connection details")) { Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"); Statement stmt = con.createStatement(); System.out.println("Connected to BigSQL"); ResultSet result = stmt.executeQuery("select * from table limit 10"); while (result.next()) { //Retrieve by com_name String com_name = result.getString(1); //Retrieve by family String family = result.getString(2); //Retrieve by sci_name String sci_name = result.getString(3); //Retrieve by symbol String symbol = result.getString(4); //Retrieve by synonym String synonym = result.getString(5); System.out.println(com_name+":"+family+":"+sci_name+":"+symbol+":"+synonym); } } catch (SQLException e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block e.printStackTrace(); } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block e.printStackTrace(); } } } 
The python code which I'm using to invoke my java code is
[code]import os import os.path,subprocess from subprocess import STDOUT,PIPE path='Location where my .java file is' os.chdir(path) def compile_java(java_file): subprocess.check_call(['javac', java_file]) def execute_java(java_file): java_class,ext = os.path.splitext(java_file) cmd = ['java', java_class] compile_java('Hello.java') execute_java("Hello")[/code]
My python code is running successfully without any error.But I'm not able to get the output of Java in my python console. Can you please help me?
It's SQL, so it must be in a RDBMS.
I don't know of any 'Real' RDBMS that works only in Java.
I don't know of an actual SQL language named BigSQL.

Here's what the website BigSQL.org recommends on their home page:
Quote:Postgres by BigSQL
The most complete and developer-friendly distribution of the world's most advanced open source database.
See here -check_call gives you return code, use check_output (and next time, please, format your code properly  Angry )
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  connect sql by python using txt. file dawid294 2 381 Jan-12-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  How to Connect to PostgreSQL Through Jump Server and SSH Tunnel using Python? nishans 1 846 Jan-02-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: khanzain
  python connect to mssql wailoonho 7 1,400 Dec-07-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: wailoonho
  Using Python to connect to an XML ? jehoshua 12 1,842 Jul-11-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: jehoshua
  Trying to make a bot to connect on discord with Selenium Python johnsmith43 2 41,965 Mar-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Cloudytechnical
  How to connect Mysql databse with python and VSCode IDE madhusoodhananER 1 8,656 Oct-31-2019, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Connect a Teradata DB to Python OscarBoots 10 8,748 Jan-31-2019, 10:23 PM
Last Post: OscarBoots
  Python connect to Sybase IQ FORTITUDE 1 4,762 Jan-24-2019, 02:14 AM
Last Post: micseydel
  How to connect Atom and Python? Jack_Sparrow 1 3,714 May-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  connect to remote database via python script sunstar20 5 5,276 Apr-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis