Python Forum
Consumers and the Data Science Trend
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consumers and the Data Science Trend
At the current posting of this thread, Data science is really hot in the consumer sphere around the world, with the entrepreneur culture being the basis for this. I'm curious how will the businesses utilize this trend that they create because Python is free. I hypothesize that it's to get more new employees but the entrepreneur culture seem to counter-intuitive to this as it turn them into pseudo-producers, I'm guessing it's creating a new market for this breed of consumers but what?

Also what generation are more populated in this trend? I'm thinking it's mostly Gen Z but are there a lot of Millennials? What about the older generations, or are they just into the alternative products trend?
Business has been into data for a long time, they're just using other languages like SAS to handle the data. SAS is expensive, so Python may allow access to data analysis for smaller companies. But smaller companies already had access to R, which is also free. Python is more versatile than R, but not so much that I think it's entry into the data/stats field is going to change the dynamic that much.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I was talking more about the consumers, not the businesses. Sorry if I reply to that if it's just advertising Python, but I am just interest on how we can use this to our advantages and what to be aware of.
(Oct-29-2019, 12:59 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: I'm curious how will the businesses utilize this trend that they create because Python is free.
(Oct-29-2019, 02:09 PM)Niv_Neos Wrote: I was talking more about the consumers, not the businesses.

And I am not sure what you are asking
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I'm asking at the first post how businesses will get monetary gain from consumers doing python writing, what is the tactic involved? Advertisement, some way to get them onto a monetary platforms, or just getting employees like the entertainment industry putting science in their products to produce more scientists for their companies.

I think the first reply was trying to explain that because it's free, it cost less to get employees as they don't have buy something they understand, but they wrote in an advertising manner so it was confusing.
why/how one would expect businesses to gain from consumers' product? Business may benefit from product service they offer, not something that client has developed. How - for example offering IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, offering commercial licenses, offering community/professional version, offering dedicated support, etc.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-29-2019, 03:15 PM)buran Wrote: why/how one would expect businesses to gain from consumers' product?

Exactly, what products? Maybe it's to look good for the company using the program? The Relatable trend is very big right now with videos like from story time channels.
Sorry, I really have hard time understanding you/your point and what you try to communicate
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

That's alright.
i see a lot of data science also using R.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best practice example data science mostafa705 1 759 Oct-13-2023, 04:44 AM
Last Post: KianLynch
  Best all-Python workflow to learning basic math (eventually Data Science) Drone4four 0 1,056 Jan-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Drone4four
  Master's/PHD for Data Science Job oli_action 4 5,506 May-31-2021, 11:35 AM
Last Post: lolapaluuza
  Looking for people for a Python/Data Science study group (beginner level) fredj32 3 2,435 Jul-02-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Diogenes
  Need help on to prepare data science satyamp 1 2,158 Oct-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Please suggest a good Data Science Book alexwazan 3 2,828 Sep-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: EleenaGates
  Best way for me to enter into Data Science? Athenaeum 4 3,380 Dec-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sparkz_alot
  Data science with Pandas in Python 3 - free udemy course Yoriz 0 3,871 Oct-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Yoriz