Python Forum
Senior Research and Development Engineer, Paris, France
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Senior Research and Development Engineer, Paris, France
The European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), a company specialized in Human Language Technologies within an international context, acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA), is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for a Senior Research and Development Engineer position.

Under the supervision of the CEO, the responsibilities of the Senior R&D Engineer include designing, developing, documenting, deploying and maintaining tools, software components or web applications for language resource production and management, as well as carrying out quality control and assessment of language resources.
He/she will be in charge of managing the current language resources production workflows and co-ordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the language resource production and management team. He/she will liaise with external partners at all phases of the projects (submission to calls for proposals, building and management of project teams) within the framework of international, publicly- or privately-funded research and development projects.

This yields excellent opportunities for creative and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.

Profile:
• PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Natural Language Processing, or equivalent
• Experience in Natural Language Processing (speech processing, data mining, machine translation, etc.)
• Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team
• Proficiency in classic shell scripting in a Linux environment (POSIX tools, Bash, awk)
• Proficiency in Python
• Hands-on experience in Django
• Good knowledge of Javascript and CSS
• Knowledge of a distributed version control system (Git, Mercurial)
• Knowledge of SQL and of RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
• Knowledge of XML and of standard APIs (DOM, SAX)
• Good knowledge of basic Computer Science algorithms
• Familiarity with open source and free software
• Knowledge of a statically typed functional programming language (OCaml preferred) is a strong plus
• Proficiency in French and English, with strong writing and documentation skills in both languages
• Dynamic and communicative, flexible to work on different tasks in parallel
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country

Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to: job@ELDA.org

ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
Please check PM
Hello sir,

Greeting for today..
I have 7+ years of industrial experience.Since 2 years i am working on Python. I have done 2 big projects and worked on some existing project. I can do this task. Kindly add me on Skype that is "[email protected]". My hourly rate is very reasonable. Please add me we will discuss further.

Thanks
Amit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Hiring] Node.js / Python Engineer (Regular/Senior) jharp 2 2,370 Jun-23-2022, 10:03 AM
Last Post: jharp
  [Hiring] Contract Senior Django Engineer Remote In Us at New Vertical Technologies djangojobs.net 0 1,710 May-09-2022, 04:52 PM
Last Post: djangojobs.net
  Machine Learning Engineer @ D. E. Shaw Research patpat 0 2,059 Aug-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Last Post: patpat
  Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) in Burlington, MA patpat 0 2,875 Aug-25-2021, 03:21 PM
  Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote US & Canada patpat 0 2,673 Aug-20-2021, 11:51 AM
  Senior Machine Learning Engineer @ Automattic, Remote / Anywhere patpat 0 2,725 Aug-19-2021, 07:29 AM
  Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure - Remote, U.S. patpat 0 2,747 Aug-05-2021, 07:49 PM
  Senior Software Engineer in Test, relocation yellowraven_ 2 3,100 Jul-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Last Post: jenniferW
  Research and Development Engineer ELDA 0 2,282 Oct-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Last Post: ELDA
  Job - Python developer - Lyon - France Cott 0 2,933 Apr-28-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Cott