Python Forum
Create an audio streaming platform like YouTube
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Create an audio streaming platform like YouTube
Hi,

Im planning to create a platform like YouTube (only the minimum amount of functions!) where one can upload .mp3 file (a podcast) so others can listen to it. This means having a mobile app where one can stream the .mp3 track from.

1. I would like to know what it means to able to stream audio like YouTube or Spotify streams their video and music?
2. Is this the most challenging part to code while creating such a platform? If not, what is?
3. How does this work with data storage?
4. Is this (streaming part) written in the Python languague?

I understand these questions are relatively broad but hopefully one can give me some pointers.

Thank you so much in advance.

Rob
my understanding is that podcasts are not streams but instead are file downloads using FTP. if that's all you want to do, it could be a lot simpler. if you want to stream podcasts, that could be interesting. either way, you'll need a lot of storage and massive database. even more if you want fast searching.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Video Streaming goncalo 4 1,957 Mar-31-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
  platform independent programming with Python PythonMarlem 2 48,621 Oct-06-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  Which is the best platform to teach kids python? Angelamaria 5 2,855 Sep-30-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Live cameras streaming itskv 1 1,860 Jul-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Uber’s Self-Driving Car Visualization Platform Larz60+ 5 5,751 Sep-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Last Post: ichabod801