Python Forum
Create your own Mnist images (NNW, MNIST)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create your own Mnist images (NNW, MNIST)
Hi!

So i've been training an number classification program with the Mnist dataset, and i've also tested it with Mnist:s "test set" and got it to work pretty good (95% accuracy). But my goal is to create a program where you can paint an image yourself and then let the program classify the specific number. The problem is just that i do not know how to create an image with similar values to a Mnist image. If someone is familiar with this process (paint an image, and make my program under stand the image) please help me! Smile
If you want to generate images, I would suggest to look at deep learning techniques, e.g. GAN (generative adversarial networks) and/or VAE (variational autoencoders). You can train a GAN model on MNIST images and use the model to generate similar (as in MNIST) images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to create mask for different types of images using opencv Prince_Bhatia 2 8,733 Jul-29-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Adapting mnist model with personal dataset GJG 0 877 Oct-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: GJG
  AttributeError: module 'mnist' has no attribute 'train_images' pythonbeginner 1 8,144 Jun-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: snippsat