Python Forum
Creating a script with a class have specific properties
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a script with a class have specific properties
Not sure. I am new to python and at a loss.
(Oct-14-2018, 04:26 AM)CxxJxxYxx Wrote: May I ask why the 'tree' in 'print(tree.report(1))' isn't capitalized? I am confused about this point. Because in previous sentences nothing is defined as 'tree', but only the class 'Tree'

I think this is about my example. Tree is the class. tree is just a variable name, i.e. it could be whatever you want. So tree is an instance of class Tree. It's created on line #18. You are not correct there is nothing defined as tree. From my example:

#example how to instanciate object of class Tree
#ignore numbers if they don't make business sense

tree = Tree(block=1, plot=5, species=7, dhb=200)
print(tree.report(1))
Once again - tree is just variable, instance of Tree. You may have many instances of a class in your code.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

@dvldgs05, did you check the tutorials I shared in a previous post? It seems you still lack basic understanding of working with classes. You need to understanding the basics in order to understand what is offered as help and use it the way you want
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I will check them again. It is just not clicking for me at this time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need help writing this code for string properties and methods hannah71605 4 3,120 Mar-22-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: menator01
  Creating Email Message Class in Python QuavoJ 1 2,154 Jul-20-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Yoriz
  Sort objects by protected properties. Sigriddenfeta 1 1,888 Mar-17-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Creating class with getters and setters. amandacstr 3 2,344 Jun-19-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  newbie questions about objects properties... slowbullet 2 2,640 Aug-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis