Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day one thoughts
This software, myBB, seems to work quite well right out of the box. I do, however, have two dislikes. The first is the "Member List" is viewable by everyone, even non-registered, non-logged in users. The second (and this could just be IE), it seems the refresh rate is rather slow. An example is when I post this, it won't show up as a new post right away unless I manually refresh the page. I would be interested to know if others are experiencing the same thing.

I like having the "code" and "quote" buttons and they appear to work the same way as the current forum, using the square brackets with code and /code (for the purists :) )
import module

def function():
    print("Hello World")
That's my thoughts so far.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
sparkz_alot Wrote:The first is the "Member List" is viewable by everyone, even non-registered, non-logged in users.

I changed this. Non-members can no longer view the member list.

sparkz_alot Wrote:An example is when I post this, it won't show up as a new post right away unless I manually refresh the page

I dont have this problem. My post show up immediately.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-02-2016, 12:19 AM)metulburr Wrote:
sparkz_alot Wrote:The first is the "Member List" is viewable by everyone, even non-registered, non-logged in users.

I changed this. Non-members can no longer view the member list.

sparkz_alot Wrote:An example is when I post this, it won't show up as a new post right away unless I manually refresh the page

I dont have this problem. My post show up immediately.

Much better, hiding the member list. As to delay, must be IE, I'll have to try later with Chrome and see.

OK, the delayed refresh problem appears to be with IE, using Chrome now and works fine.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Im not sure what IE's problem is. I would have to check with mybb forums staff regarding that.
Recommended Tutorials:
I found useful on another forum to prevent non-reg users to see the profiles of others. This reduces the number of "profile spammers" (because this make the profiles unreachable by Google).

While we are at it, if this is the final dash to replace python-forum.org, can I have my moderator privilege back:) (ok, got it, thank to the anonymous benefactor)
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net