Python Forum
Debate on Python versus VBnet
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on Python versus VBnet
(Apr-30-2017, 04:43 PM)nilamo Wrote: They're not both popular. It's clear you haven't used vb.net very much.
Where do you live ?inside a box?Linux is bad than win 98.
I have been using vb.net for 3 years(I am saying this to nilamo in a friendly way.please dont ban me)
(May-01-2017, 01:40 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: Where do you live ?inside a box?Linux is bad than win 98.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your lack of knowledge is showing. All major distros have almost always been better than 98. You might have had a legit argument if you said XP, but that wouldn't even be accurate anymore either.
Wow! I use only Linux for many years and can't even imagine going back to Windows.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(May-01-2017, 01:40 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: Where do you live ?inside a box?Linux is bad than win 98.
Don't ever say anything that "wise"  Naughty again. Unless your goal is to be a laughing stock of the community  Hand . Though I am afraid you are already there  Huh

This list of programming languages popularity places Python at a honorable 5th position, VB - 16th.

More interesting - and I quote
Quote:Visual Basic (VB) was designed by Microsoft in 1991 and officially declared legacy in 2008.
VB will not run on operating systems other than Windows and on machines with non-Intel compatible processors.
Yep, the history of success Snooty
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(May-01-2017, 02:00 AM)nilamo Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your lack of knowledge is showing. All major distros have almost always been better than 98. You might have had a legit argument if you said XP, but that wouldn't even be accurate anymore either.

HAHHAHAHAHH?????There are hundreds of smilies in there.
@volcano63: your link is about VB.net, not classical VB, and while Python is still higher in the list VB.net is a more respectable 8 and not legacy. It also seems that mono can be used for non-Windows environments.

I'd still recommend no one bother with VB.net, and the only software I use that was written with mono is terrible, but I don't want to see a competing language misrepresented in such a way that someone might learn the truth and trust Python less.
(May-01-2017, 03:09 PM)micseydel Wrote: @volcano63: your link is about VB.net, not classical VB
Your righteous anger is misplaced Tongue - you should direct it towards TechWorm
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
Perhaps I didn't articulate myself properly - the link you posted references both VB and VB.net. You cited the VB ranking, in spite of this thread being about VB.net. I am not and was not angry, your claim was simply a straw-man.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Debate on Python versus VBnet Budsy 3 2,575 Mar-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Budsy