Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Adoption?
What is this? https://www.walkme.com/

Looks like someone it trying to resell the Brooklyn Bridge, and spent a lot of $$ to try and get corporations to get hooked into spending their dollars unnecessary on what I'll call 'trecknology'.

Is this really useful?
Looks like online help as pop ups. Considering some of the people I had to deal with at my old job, I would say it's useful. Some people need to be baby stepped through everything, and that eats into someone else's time.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
It just brings back memories of having to use tools that were forced upon me to waste a good part of my day.
I guess what turned me off was one of their ads (van't find it now) which stated something like 'Don't get left behind, your company needs True Digital Adoption.', suggesting failure if you didn't start using DAP (Digital Adoption Platform). My immediate feeling was 'Give me a break!'.

I can now see the peudo's springing to life with $2000 per seat seminars on 'How your company can join in on the new wave Digital Adoption Platform', or conversations like:

'Our company uses hair of the dog DAP.'
(Dec-01-2018, 03:59 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: It just brings back memories of having to use tools that were forced upon me to waste a good part of my day.

What drove me nuts was that people got awards for foisting these horrid systems on the workers.
I wish you happiness.
Quote:people got awards
And promotions.

I'm surprised that I made it as far as I did, i was a geek (I guess) I had VP pay and benefits, but kept the 'technical' aspects of the job. I had reports, reviews and such that, by necessity, had to be done by management, but didn't have to attend every (what I call (because of the potential)) Tuesday murder meeting.
And was still able to participate down to my knuckles in every project. It was perfect!
Lucky you, man. I hated the cube farm, but to get out I had to become a supervisor, which was a nightmare (since they had me supervising 14 people doing three different, complicated, important things).
I wish you happiness.