Python Forum
Dilemma over Learning PowerShell or Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma over Learning PowerShell or Python
Hi Guys,

I have learned the basics of Python 3 on my Mac and Linux machines and the projects I created were pretty handy.

I learning Machine Learning (ML) with Python on TensorFlow and Sci-Kit, but it seems like
I have to be pretty good in algebras, calculus, etc. in order to write some simple simple
ML projects.

On the other hand, one of my job roles is a Security Penetration Tester (that’s one of the reason I learned Python, on top of other scripting and languages). Most of my target environments are Windows based and learning PowerShell seems to make sense for my work.

I only have limited time and at this time, I can only learn either ML with Python (for my personal development and interests), or full throttle on PowerShell.

I’m
Sure some of you guys met this situation before, and can you please provide me your precious advice?

Thank you in advance.
Use cmder the you get a shell that work equal good as any shell on Linux/Mac.
cmd/PowerShell Sick do i not need to touch voluntary.

Other stuff that run nice in cmder(get correct syntax color) is ptpython(my favorite) or Ipython.
For quick testing is nice that Autocompletion comes automatic after .
[Image: 9i5WLj.jpg]
You should also install JupyterLab as a lot stuff for Machine Learning (ML) with Python on TensorFlow and Sci-Kit,is in NoteBook format.
(Jul-03-2019, 07:19 PM)snippsat Wrote: Use cmder the you get a shell that work equal good as any shell on Linux/Mac.
cmd/PowerShell Sick do i not need to touch voluntary.

Other stuff that run nice in cmder(get correct syntax color) is ptpython(my favorite) or Ipython.
For quick testing is nice that Autocompletion comes automatic after .
[Image: 9i5WLj.jpg]
You should also install JupyterLab as a lot stuff for Machine Learning (ML) with Python on TensorFlow and Sci-Kit,is in NoteBook format.

Thanks Snippsat. I know nothing about Machine Learning and thought of learning it with Python. However, I understand from others that one needs to be very good in advanced Mathematics such as calculus and complex algebra equations, in order to pick up Machine Learning. Is that true if I’m going to code it with Python?
(Jul-04-2019, 08:05 AM)Takeshio Wrote: I understand from others that one needs to be very good in advanced Mathematics such as calculus and complex algebra equations, in order to pick up Machine Learning. Is that true if I’m going to code it with Python?
I would say no to "very good in advanced Mathematics",it would be okay to have basic understating.
Many of the specific math topic for ML can be pick up and learned under way as start with ML eg,Linear Algebra, Statistics, Statistics & Probability, Differential Calculus.

A lot of stuff and underlying advanced Mathematics is already done in eg Sci-Kit and TensorFlow.
Then can use all the all the function/method already done for this to get up and running pretty quick with ML.

It's a topic i want to get more into myself as my Python basic knowledge is okay,but rusty in math and all of the new stuff that ML has to offer.
For a book to start with a lot people say this one is excellent Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow .