Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Django examples
yeah, i thought flask was a network tool

one of the things i would judge a web framework on is how much is has in useable contributions and examples. for example the sign-up form. a working example i can start with and modify (at the Python coding layer) to fit my needs. a larger community means more likely finding something already done a lot closer to what i want to do. so does bottle.py have a big community with lots of "stuff" to copy for free to use or start with? does the framework itself deal with user logins for pages that need a logged user? if i have to code user login validation on each page then that would be a significant burden. my guess is that a larger framework is more likely to have this. or maybe they all do. or maybe none do.

another is how to integrate with a working web server that is already doing other stuff. is WSGI the primary answer to this? i want to know how this works put i have seen nothing about this so far. i am running Apache where i have just one IPv4 public address so i need to have one software doing the listening and reading the HTTP request details until the hostname being requested is known. i am hoping this is done or doable over a secure network.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Django: How to automatically substitute a variable in the admin page at Django 1.11? m0ntecr1st0 3 3,247 Jun-30-2019, 12:21 AM
Last Post: scidam