Python Forum
Django- which database i should use? with best speed and performance!!
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Django- which database i should use? with best speed and performance!!
hello

which database i should use for python for create web application??
a database with best speed an performance !!

i use windows 10 .. and IDE Visual studio Code

i want a database for python Which is not necessary to change it later to another database

i always work with SQL server in C#.. but now i trying to create a web application with Python . it is my First application but i never use MySQL or postgres in my application

!!!! another question : is visual studio best IDE for Python??

thanks for helps
(Dec-10-2018, 06:32 AM)ma_norouzifar Wrote: hello which database i should use for python for create web application?? a database with best speed an performance !! i use windows 10 .. and IDE Visual studio Code i want a database for python Which is not necessary to change it later to another database i always work with SQL server in C#.. but now i trying to create a web application with Python . it is my First application but i never use MySQL or postgres in my application !!!! another question : is visual studio best IDE for Python?? thanks for helps

If it is your first first application you shouldn't worry much about speed
as speed becomes important when you have thousands of users active at the same time.

You can use any database you know there is no problem.
You just need to change backend in settings.py of your Django project to preferred database.

Sqlite is built into python but has some limitations and it is used as default by Django.
Sqlite is simple like for creating a database you have to edit modely.py file like

from django.db import models
class User(models.Model):
first_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)

You can connect it to Visual Studio
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/visual-studio/...ction.html

You can connect Mysql databse from c#
VS is a good ide for django development with some python plugins.

You use Pycharm for Django Development but the free version has no support for Django.
I recommend to stick with the IDE you use because if you will choose a new IDE you will need some time to get familiar with that IDE which will waste your time.
No IDE is good or bad unless you know how to use them(exceptions are always there Smile ).

https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/
(Dec-10-2018, 08:10 AM)amiy Wrote:
(Dec-10-2018, 06:32 AM)ma_norouzifar Wrote: hello which database i should use for python for create web application?? a database with best speed an performance !! i use windows 10 .. and IDE Visual studio Code i want a database for python Which is not necessary to change it later to another database i always work with SQL server in C#.. but now i trying to create a web application with Python . it is my First application but i never use MySQL or postgres in my application !!!! another question : is visual studio best IDE for Python?? thanks for helps

If it is your first first application you shouldn't worry much about speed
as speed becomes important when you have thousands of users active at the same time.

You can use any database you know there is no problem.
You just need to change backend in settings.py of your Django project to preferred database.

Sqlite is built into python but has some limitations and it is used as default by Django.
Sqlite is simple like for creating a database you have to edit modely.py file like

from django.db import models
class User(models.Model):
first_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)

You can connect it to Visual Studio
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/visual-studio/...ction.html

You can connect Mysql databse from c#
VS is a good ide for django development with some python plugins.

You use Pycharm for Django Development but the free version has no support for Django.
I recommend to stick with the IDE you use because if you will choose a new IDE you will need some time to get familiar with that IDE which will waste your time.
No IDE is good or bad unless you know how to use them(exceptions are always there Smile ).

https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/

tanks for answer but what do you think about postgreSQl in Ranking Ranking postgreSQl become favorite very very Fast
Quote:what do you think about postgreSQl in Ranking Ranking postgreSQl become favorite very very Fast
All the databases listed at the top of this list are excellent. I guess you can safely pick any of them.
(Dec-10-2018, 08:59 AM)Gribouillis Wrote:
Quote:what do you think about postgreSQl in Ranking Ranking postgreSQl become favorite very very Fast
All the databases listed at the top of this list are excellent. I guess you can safely pick any of them.
yes all of them is good but is for me hard to select one of them .. i search in google and see most of them choice postgresql ... and now i want to select one of them and work on it for always .. because when i focus on one of them i find syntax .. error ... bugs .. and can find solution for them and become strong on that database

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Django: View is unable to find attributes of database model pythonpaul32 0 480 Dec-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: pythonpaul32
  Save JSON data to sqlite database on Django Quin 0 2,804 Mar-26-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Quin
  Send email to gmail after user fill up contact form and getting django database updat Man_from_India 0 2,070 Jan-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Man_from_India
  how retrieve database save multiple data in web Django 2.1 taomihiranga 0 2,763 Jul-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: taomihiranga
  Django: How to automatically substitute a variable in the admin page at Django 1.11? m0ntecr1st0 3 3,245 Jun-30-2019, 12:21 AM
Last Post: scidam
  Django- Remove leading zeros in values from database ntuttle 1 3,459 Mar-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  How to save uploaded image url in database from Django? PrateekG 14 14,701 Jul-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Last Post: PrateekG
  Need your help to fix my database relationship in Django model PrateekG 0 2,631 Jul-02-2018, 11:08 AM
  Why some Django fields are not saved in database? PrateekG 0 2,558 Jun-21-2018, 08:32 AM
  Open Sqlite database file directly in django sourabhjaiswal92 0 2,922 May-22-2018, 05:55 AM
Last Post: sourabhjaiswal92