Python Forum
Does PrettyTable store outside of program?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does PrettyTable store outside of program?
I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.

Does this library (?) store data outside the program such that when I run the program anew, it may be using values from a previous run?

If so then is there a "clear" command I should include at the top of the program to prevent that from messing things up?
(Oct-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Mark17 Wrote: I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.
Post code with Tracebacks.
Are you talking about PrettyTable?
It's not developed(2013) anymore.
tabulate is better and more updated,but i don't know why mention graph as that's not what these tool do.
(Oct-18-2019, 07:48 PM)snippsat Wrote:
(Oct-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Mark17 Wrote: I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.
Post code with Tracebacks.
Are you talking about PrettyTable?
It's not developed(2013) anymore.
tabulate is better and more updated,but i don't know why mention graph as that's not what these tool do.

Sorry I meant table, not graph.

And much of that Traceback stuff I saw was user error because I unknowingly had some debugging lines in there that were still active.

Now that I think they're cleaned up, it still doesn't work but if it's no longer supported then I guess it's bad practice to be using it? That's frustrating since I've been working on it for about three hours.

Ah the trials and tribulations of being a noob...

By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here? This is twice now that I've posted something, realized my ignorance, and wanted to delete but the only thing I see is the ability to mark as solved.
(Oct-18-2019, 08:14 PM)Mark17 Wrote: By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here?
No,we have strict police about that.
Just leave it and it soon go backwards Wink
Another module to consider is texttable (see in pypi). I haven't tried it but it is bundled in the Ubuntu distribution, so it must have some quality.
(Oct-18-2019, 08:34 PM)snippsat Wrote:
(Oct-18-2019, 08:14 PM)Mark17 Wrote: By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here?
No,we have strict police about that.
Just leave it and it soon go backwards Wink

Sounds good!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Store a product/item in a inventory program viktoria_linn 1 4,028 Jul-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE