Python Forum
Does not print name after input name
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does not print name after input name
Hello Python World. :) This is my first post. I have only started to learn Python on my own and am quite isolated so questions I will be asking will be quite stupid I guess but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance. :)

My problem is:
I would love Python to print hello "person_name" (any name i want to generate in that line) after it was defined in input.
But somewhere I don't grasp its logic yet.
Could you point to the right direction please?
So it goes like this (in jupiter):

user_name = input('Type in your name please: ')   #it shows me input line where i can type in my name
print(input)       #returns nothing

Thank you very much for any help. :)
You should print user_name
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation question about input, while loop, then print jamie_01 5 2,616 Sep-30-2021, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Underscore
  How to print out multiple drinks instead of just one based on the input? jayfre 4 4,118 Jul-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Last Post: menator01
  taking input doesnt print as list bntayfur 2 2,058 Jun-04-2020, 02:48 AM
Last Post: bntayfur
  user input to select and print data from another class python TyTheChosenOne 6 4,056 Aug-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: TyTheChosenOne