Python Forum
Eclipse Python We development Environment
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eclipse Python We development Environment
Hi There,

I am a newbie to python and I am learning as fast as I can and trying to solve as many problems as I encounter before soliciting help.I am trying to set up a python(3.6 windows installed) web development environment on Eclipse IDE and I am not too sure how to proceed with the following :

1.How to install django
2.How to install Postgresql -do I need to use a server like wamp. 
3.I know I can install the pydev through the install option in eclipse .
4.With regards to virtual environment I have already installed it and I know how to activate and deactivate it from the command prompt when I want to create a project.

I am particularly confused with regards to using a server such as Wamp. Don't I need to use a server which is compatible with django and postgresql because previously I was using xampp for php and mysql.

I appreciate this question might seem trivial but I have tried to look up so many tutorials most of them are outdated 2013.I would really appreciate your help because I want to setup the environment so I can simultaneously learn HTML,CSS,Python,Postgresql and work on a project instead of working separately.

Thank you 

Adelton
Try google:
First one: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/topics/install/
Since 3 and 4 don't seem to be questions, I'll address 1 and 2

1) from the command terminal, type "pip install django" (without the quotes) then press ENTER
2a) Go to the Postgresql website and download the version for Windows and follow the installation instructions https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
2b) No, you do not need a full fledged server for either django or Postgresql, in fact, django has a "mini-server" for development purposes.  If you plan on eventually running it on a real site, then you would want to use a proper server such as Apache or equivalent.  You can refer to django's documents on how to setup and use the Postgrsql (or other database).  According to the django docs, your also going to need the Psycopg module.  the Windows version can be acquired here http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ (make sure you get the latest version and for your OS).

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
I would like to thank you both for your solutions which have helped me gain a better understanding of the installation process with eclipse.I just wanted to ask if I wanted to use a server like xampp(need to configure http.conf with cgi or mod_wsgi in apache module so I can use python ) to run the site and I am assuming the installation process would be different .I have searched for this different setup and I saw that I need to download and install Postgresql in the following folder C:\xampp and I need to do the same for Django.I would really appreciate if you could please clarify if this is correct.

Thank you

Adelton

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Debian 10 Buster Environment - Python 3.x (MariaDB 10.4.21) | Working Connector? BrandonKastning 9 4,118 Jan-04-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: BrandonKastning
  Python for Backend Development jayarora 1 1,925 Dec-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: ralhanashwarya
  GUI Development using python vajra11kumar 1 1,787 Nov-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  which std library to use for web development in python srm 4 3,214 Nov-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Last Post: detelina
  Web development using Flask and Python kirito85 4 3,392 Jun-14-2019, 02:13 AM
Last Post: kirito85
  Python vs Go for Web Development jack_sparrow007 0 2,280 Dec-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Last Post: jack_sparrow007
  web development environment Ubuntu AhmadMWaddah 8 6,718 Aug-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: snippsat