Python Forum
Hashing Passwords (HELP)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hashing Passwords (HELP)
Hey guys so what i'm new to python and my brother challenged me with this.
Make a thing where it asks you 'sign up or login?'
if you pick sign up it asks for your username and password and when you put it in,
it saves it to a text document but it also hashes it.
then when the user trys to login, it will ask for thier name/pass. if the name/pass dont match or dont exist. it will say 'sorry thats not in our system :) please try again!' but if it is, its gonna hash the code and check it against the hashed stuff already so it works

This might be seeming a bit jumbled but basically i wanna know how to do this.

Ask signup or login ---> if signup. Ask for details and hash + save to a text file. ---> if login. hash what they put and check it against the system if its not existant or doesnt work, ask to retry. ---> after that if the stuff is good. allow acsess.

i know how to do some of it but im really stuck on how i would do this.

Please help :) Mian
Post what have you tried. Ask specific questions. If you get traceback - post the full traceback you get.
Use proper tags when post code, traceback, output, etc.
See BBcode help for more info.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(May-26-2020, 02:22 PM)buran Wrote: Post what have you tried. Ask specific questions. If you get traceback - post the full traceback you get.
Use proper tags when post code, traceback, output, etc.
See BBcode help for more info.

no like, i dont know much at all and idk how or where to start ;(
See Homework and No Effort Questions
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs
(May-26-2020, 02:24 PM)MianDoesCoding Wrote: i dont know much at all and idk how or where to start
You don't know fundamentals yet in the next thread you want to develop rather complex applications?
I would suggest choose a tutorial in a form you prefer (book/online course/tutorial, video tutorial etc.) and start from basics.
Python official documentation and tutorial is a good start
You can check our list of free python resources.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple Passwords NotPythonQueen 17 6,686 Sep-22-2019, 06:08 PM
Last Post: gbs
  Writing incorrect passwords to a file till its correct garth 2 4,940 Feb-10-2017, 11:41 PM
Last Post: ichabod801