Python Forum
Pip dependency install problems
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pip dependency install problems
Hello everyone,
I hope I am in the right forum for this kind of question.
As a developer I am used to C# as of now, but I am intrigued by Python.
Currently, I am trying to get a python project from a paper going.

From raw audio to a seamless mix: creating an automated DJ system for Drum and Bass
The repository I tried to get running: https://bitbucket.org/ghentdatascience/dj

So far though, I have hit a couple of brick walls. I will be using Windows for the main environment once I've figured out the pip installation issues.
To make it easy to replicate, I have decided to use a live-version of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS as an OS to have a clean 'installation' for testing purposes.

The way I tried getting the Python app to run:
  1. Get Ubuntu up to date
  2. Getting Pip
  3. Installing the dependencies listed on the README.md in order using pip install <name>==<version>

Now, at this point, any library which depends on llvmlite, like librosa, fails to install as llvmlite itself is failing to install.
Even cleaning everything up and restarting the procedure and manually installing llvmlite does not work.

This is the message I get, captured from my windows machine (the error message seems to be the exact same except for paths):
Error:
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d 'c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-wheel-i5ynet' cwd: c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ Complete output (7 lines): running bdist_wheel c:\python27\python.exe c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ffi\build.py File "c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ffi\build.py", line 122 raise ValueError(msg.format(_ver_check_skip)) from e ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax error: command 'c:\\python27\\python.exe' failed with exit status 1 ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Failed building wheel for llvmlite Running setup.py clean for llvmlite Failed to build llvmlite Installing collected packages: llvmlite Running setup.py install for llvmlite ... error ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-lznvp3\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'c:\python27\Include\llvmlite' cwd: c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ Complete output (10 lines): running install running build got version from file c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\llvmlite/_version.py {'version': '0.32.1', 'full': 'aa11b129c0b55973067422397821ae6d44fa5e70'} running build_ext c:\python27\python.exe c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ffi\build.py File "c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-d3xw4p\llvmlite\ffi\build.py", line 122 raise ValueError(msg.format(_ver_check_skip)) from e ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax error: command 'c:\\python27\\python.exe' failed with exit status 1 ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\amos446\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-d3xw4p\\llvmlite\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\amos446\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-lznvp3\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'c:\python27\Include\llvmlite' Check the logs for full command output.
Again, I am not very familiar with Python and Pip.
I have tried a couple of things, such as using Linux (Manjaro) and, of course, a live Ubuntu with a clean slate.

This is likely something easy to fix, but I am at a complete loss.
I am very grateful for any help I can get at this point - hope I am not bothering anyone here!