Python Forum
Feature request: custom error message for "no new posts"
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request: custom error message for "no new posts"
When I click Unread Posts and there are no new posts, I get this custom exception:

Error:
Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again.
How about adding a raise for this exception:

Error:
You have no unread posts.
You don't have to have it say "Sorry" unless you're Canadian like me. Big Grin
unread posts are actually utilizing the search function. And that is the default search error. It is a little weird, but the unread posts option is a plugin as its not default in the MyBB forum.
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanks for the prompt respone.
we would love to be full python but the work involved to make a python powered forum would be extensive. then also we would be focused on making the forum instead of answering questions about python.
Recommended Tutorials:
Oh, I'm not blaming you at all. Developing a forum application suite would be a mountainous task. And there isn't really the demand to make it cost-effective.

But I learned computing way back when local BBSs were the only shared "online" space, was overjoyed when newsgroups became a thing, and absolutely loved the emergence of fora. I'm sad about the state of forum software development today.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 47,858 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  feature request: highlighting Skaperen 9 6,479 Jan-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Kebap