Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fibonnaci
You changed your code, the problem is now in line 7. The while loop should continue as long as the fib number is less than the_number_has_to_be_bigger_than, but it is using position_in_fib_sequence instead. So, the fib sequence is 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ... Say I want the second fib number greater than 8. Your code will give me the second fib number greater than 2, which is 8.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Ooh I understand!!

It is working for a part. If I want the 2nd fibonacci number bigger than 4 it is giving 8. But if I give the 2nd bigger than 5 it gives also 8.

position_in_fib_sequence = int(input("Which fibonaccinumber do you want to know?"))
the_number_has_to_be_bigger_than = int(input("Bigger than?"))

G1 = 0
G2 = 1

while G2 < the_number_has_to_be_bigger_than:
    G1, G2 = G2, G1 + G2

for i in range(position_in_fib_sequence-1):
    G1, G2 = G2, G1 + G2

print("The", str(position_in_fib_sequence) + "th", "fibonaccinumber bigger than", the_number_has_to_be_bigger_than, "is", G2)
That's because 5 is a fibonacci number. You want the < on line 7 to be a <=, so that coming out of that loop the current fib number is guaranteed to be larger than the number provided.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Feb-28-2019, 07:32 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: That's because 5 is a fibonacci number. You want the < on line 7 to be a <=, so that coming out of that loop the current fib number is guaranteed to be larger than the number provided.

Thank you for your help and let me understand! I just began programming so it's still difficult for me.