Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Merging
Hi All,

I am a newbie for python and need some help in the below program code.

Explanation:
We have a script which perform few checks the server and produces log file as below
abc1serv-1-<date>.log
abc1serv-2-<date>.log
abc1serv-3-<date>.log

def2sserv-1-<date>.log
def2sserv-2--<date>.log
def2sserv-3-<date>.log

The above server are tagge's to a group in the file '/Script/Checks/CE_LIST.txt' as below
abc-1
def-2

Requirement:
Find for file named "abc1*-<date>.log" and "def2*-<date>.log in the folder '/Script/Check/Logs' then merge the file as

abc1serv-1-<date>.log , abc1serv-2-<date>.log ,abc1serv-3-<date>.log as "abc-1-<date>.log"
def2sserv-1-<date>.log, def2sserv-2--<date>.log, def2sserv-3-<date>.log as "def-2-<data>.log"

Issue:
The below code is able to find the file nad merge the file as above , but is merges additional data such as

The file "abc-1-<date>.log" contains the data of the file's "abc1serv-1-<date>.log , abc1serv-2-<date>.log ,abc1serv-3-<date>.log"

The file "def-2-<data>.log" contain the data of all the file "abc1serv-1-<date>.log , abc1serv-2-<date>.log ,abc1serv-3-<date>.log, def2sserv-1-<date>.log, def2sserv-2--<date>.log, def2sserv-3-<date>.log" instead of just the content of the file "def2sserv-1-<date>.log, def2sserv-2--<date>.log, def2sserv-3-<date>.log".

import os
import datetime
import fnmatch

cEpath = '/Script/Checks/CE_LIST.txt'
lPath = '/Script/Check/Logs'

def Content():
    fContent = []
    mList = []
    mData = []
    with open(cEpath,'r') as fp:
         for line in fp:
             fContent.append(line.strip().lower().replace("-" , "") + "*" + "-" +str(datetime.date.today()) + ".log")
    for i in fContent:
        for dName, sdName, fList in os.walk(lPath):
            for fName in fList:
                if fnmatch.fnmatch(fName, i):
                   with open(os.path.join(dName, fName),'r') as fData:
                        mData.append(fData.read())
                        with open(os.path.join(lPath, i.replace("*", "")), 'w') as sFile:
                             sFile.write("".join(mData))
                             sFile.close()

Content()
From,
Vino.B