Python Forum
Finally switched to Linux Mint from OpenSuse Leap 15
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally switched to Linux Mint from OpenSuse Leap 15
Just thought I'd mention. I've been saying I was going to make the switch for several months now.
The process was smooth as silk. I added my laser printer as the first task, took all of 5 minutes from start to finish (on OpenSuse this took me several hours). Installed pyenv with no issues whatsoever, and several versions of python including 3.7.1.

I feel like I was a masochist after seeing the useless pain I went through to make OpenSuse just marginally work for me.

After this experience, I would cross OpenSuse off the list for any serious python developer.
Love Linux Mint! Have been using it since... like 2011? Never looked back :)
I am using Mint for a long time. As a second system. But it comes from Ubuntu which has to be reinstalled after each LTS release. Sometimes the dependencies are messed up. This is why I am using Arch. It's the most stable system I run so far. Mint is a pretty good though. And constantly developed also. I think it's the most preferred Linux distro.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
I used Mint way back, when it was quite new (prior to 2010), and then when I constructed my current computer loaded MS Windows 7 because I needed it for a contract. When I went back to Linux, I loaded OpenSuse, can't remember exactly why, but I probably read something that I liked about it. Mint has matured since I used it last, and so far it's a pleasure to use.
I had a touch with OpenSuse years ago. I didn't manage to do anything. Even to update the system. It was a really bad experience.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
I've been on Mint for a year. Set up my DellXPS to dual boot with Win10.
It's quite NICE!
Phil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can you tell me what editor other than geany is the best for linux mint HakolYahol 11 174,714 Aug-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  OpenSuse Gnome Mouse over question Larz60+ 2 2,288 Jun-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  I just switched to Debian and already miss Corana :( league55 6 4,266 Feb-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: sparkz_alot