Python Forum
First impressions on forum software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First impressions on forum software
Thumbs Up 
The new forum software seems really nice! I just wanted to explain this, because I may post more threads focussing on small improvements and annoyances, but the general gist of it is greatly improved and well thought out. Thanks a lot for maintaining! :)

edit: more feedback in the thread in the bar: http://python-forum.io/showthread.php?tid=10
Forum is looking good. I like the ">Interpreter" and "Version 2/3" at the top, very cool  :cool:
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
I love the #chat at the top, that means more free space in my signature :)

There was an error posting your reply: You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 8 more seconds.

?? :D

Nice, the "quick reply" box to the bottom will edit and append my last post, if I want to post to the same thread quickly
Ok, so "View New Posts" is what used to be "View your posts" (which is how I follow replies to things I've participated in).
The intermediary page of "your search results will be available soon" is a little annoying, but whatevs.
Quote:The intermediary page of "your search results will be available soon" is a little annoying
it is a feature to prevent bots or of the similar. And there is only the option to globally turn them on or off.

If the other admins agree to turning it off...

it located at

ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Friendly Redirection Pages 
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:Ok, so "View New Posts" is what used to be "View your posts" (which is how I follow replies to things I've participated in).
I lied, they're nothing alike.  Doesn't seem to be a 'view your posts'.  So... I should subscribe to all threads I post in I guess lol
(Sep-16-2016, 04:02 PM)nilamo Wrote: I lied, they're nothing alike.  Doesn't seem to be a 'view your posts'.  So... I should subscribe to all threads I post in I guess lol

There's a "My Posts" link and a "My Threads" link at the top of the page (grey bar under the black bar, left most on the right side).
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
The problem with "My Posts" is that is just shows literally my posts... I have no idea if someone replied after I did. And My Threads is only things I've started, not all threads I've participated in.
Let me see if this is what list you want in the menus

Go to search in the toplinks, go to search by username, input your own username, search

Is this the list you are referring to?
Recommended Tutorials:
That is 100% exactly what I was hoping for. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,363 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap