Python Forum
Fitnesstracker with export function
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitnesstracker with export function
Dear Community,
I'm looking for a fitness-tracker bracelet which provides an export function where i can get my pulse, step number, etc in a csv-format.

Dos anybody uses knows a tracker which can do this?

I've already googled but not really found what i want.

The csv-dataset should be in this shape (or can easily bring into):

date,time,pulse,steps,distance,calories,...

The reason why I'm asking is, that i want a new data-science-project which is a real life problem.

My Goal is to read maybe my emotions like nervous or relaxed out of the dataset, or identify a correlation between pulse and the number of steps, and so on

thank you in advance
Leon (sorry for my bad English LOL )
If you find one, let me know. I've been looking for one for a while (not very strenuously). They don't want to give you your data, they want to monetize it. And very few of their customers are willing to analyze their own data like you and me. They just want pretty graphs that tell them their doing well.

I did see one data tracking device (time management, not fitness) that would give you your data if you were part of their paid subscription service. I didn't want to pay, and besides, they were running the data through Google and Facebook first. I don't know if any of the fitness trackers have subscription plans like that.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Thanks ichabod801 for your quick answer!

I maybe found a good opportunity to get the hearth rate data! Surely you know the FitBit fitness-tracker, usally you need a development account but the website "squashleagues.org" (https://www.squashleagues.org/Fitbit/FitbitDataDownload) provides a possibility to get them without to pay to FidBit.

The data looks like this:
HEART RATE DATE/TIME,VALUE
2/05/2018 12:11,117

it has a resolution with about ~20 data per minute!
You can also download sleepdata, wightdata and activitydata in separated csv-files and the rest of the data you can normally download via your fitbit account.

I will try it out in the next weeks/months. The price for a FitBit bracelet starts at around 80 Euro.
I have a Fitbit, i checked the web pages and found that you can export data, i've not tried it to see what you get yet.
https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export Wrote:Export My Fitbit Data
Download your Fitbit data as an XLS file (Microsoft Excel) or CSV, which can be opened by many paid, free or shareware applications.

Time Period
You can export up to 31 days of data.
  • This week
  • This Month
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Custom
Data
  • Body
  • Foods
  • Activities
  • Sleep
File Format CSV / XLS
Download

Export Your Account Archive
Download a copy of your Fitbit data. This includes information about your body, activities, sleep and food. Learn more

Request My Data
You will receive a verification email to confirm export of your account data. After verification, most archives are available for download within 30 minutes. Please note that it could take several days to generate an archive if you have a large amount of data on Fitbit.
There is repo on this topic - Quantified Self (QS) Ledger (A Personal Data Aggregator and Dashboard for Self-Trackers and Quantified Self Enthusiasts)

There is Fitbit integration listed. Maybe you can get some ideas or inspiration.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
I haven't used it yet, so I can't vouch for it - but there is a third party Python interface for accessing your Fitbit account via the Fitbit API.