Python Forum
For Gamers -- Super deal
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Gamers -- Super deal
From Larz60+ ... Looks like spam, I guess it is, but such a deal can't be ignored
Many of these games are probably not so good, but if you get them all for a contribution, you might like some of them.
$1,647 worth of games, pay what you want https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-rebundle?
HumbleBundle isn't spam, they regularly have exceptionally good deals.

At the "pay whatever" tier, is GameMaker: Studio, which is $50 from their website: https://www.yoyogames.com/get
It's worth mentioning that this is the older version of Gamemaker (I think v2 is very recent, which is probably why this is in the bundle).  There is an upgrade path available, and if you're just starting out this is still an exceptional deal.  I don't have any experience personally, but there is a huge wealth of tutorials available to help you get started.

The only game in that list I've heard of is Ink, but I haven't played it myself.  This likely means you should only get in if you're interested in Game Maker itself, and then you buy into however many features of it you want ($15 for what looks like all the bells and whistles, including Android/iOS support).
i bought the bundle to play ink. I dont even know what game maker studio is or care for it. Then i bought the other bundle to play homefront.

PS
The game maker studio version they gave me is
Game Maker Studio 2.0.7.171 
which appears top be the latest build of 2 from June/21/2017
Recommended Tutorials:
(Aug-02-2017, 05:13 PM)metulburr Wrote: I dont even know what game maker studio is or care for it.

That's fine.  You know to write code, so there's almost definitely better engines for you to use :p  From what I've read, GameMaker is best for people who know absolutely nothing, while having the option to add scripted elements.
I bought it to play ink , only because both of you seem to like this game.
I know nothing about it yet, but will soon.
I have a love/hate relationship with new games, If I get hooked, it interferes
with other things that I want to do.
My son introduced me to Heroes of Might and Magic when I went to his college graduation
over 20 years ago. This was version III, which I feel was the best, and I still play it!
the new bundle "microJUMBO Bundle" in the first tier has "Pony island". This game is probably one of the best puzzle games i have played in the recent indie games. In some ways makes you feel like you just took drugs, but it is very stimulating to play. You will probably never forget playing this game. The best part in that game are the puzzles where you change the source code's control points. I mimicked this game and was going to go all out but never got to do much more than 3 levels of it. It would give you a free taste. https://github.com/metulburr/puzzle

PS
Ink was OK....but it got boring fast.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IBM to acquire Red Hat in deal valued at $34 billion buran 0 2,008 Oct-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: buran