Python Forum
Forms to render "Guide in steps" or not?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forms to render "Guide in steps" or not?
I am trying to build a Django project that renders a daily guide to the user.

1. The user will get a daily guide containing X amount of steps. The steps will be rendered in order.

2. For each step there will be a next or previous step button to jump between steps.(bonus if a step bar to jump to any step)

3. On the last step in the guide, show a "complete" button to mark the guide as finished so the user won't get the same guide again.

4. The guides should be rendered in the same URL if possible so the user can't manually pick their guide by the URL. Example /guide1, /guide2. But instead like /Daily-Guide to show the current daily guide.

What is the best way to build this kind of Django project?

I have tried to do the research on my own and came up with the "Form Wizard" but doesn't seem to be the right choice as I am not collecting anything from the user more then marking the guide as finished.

Do you have any suggestions of functions I can use to build it?

Thanks in advance,
(Nov-29-2018, 09:54 PM)stablepeak Wrote: What is the best way to build this kind of Django project?
That's entirely subjective. Personally, I'd start with building the backend database, because I like tables. Then I'd put some test data in them. Then I'd start with authentication/authorization to get a working login/logout page. From there, I'd just display the contents of the db. Once I start looking at the data, and how to display, I might realize the database needs some structural changes. Once I get it to where I want to be, adding tasks/groups/guides is the easy part, because you already know exactly what format you need things to be in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am trying to space the registration forms using css. But it is not working. tree 0 1,380 Apr-11-2021, 03:31 AM
Last Post: tree
  How to fill text fields web forms Martinelli 1 2,016 Sep-25-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Martinelli
  How to get data from forms? dmytruk 1 2,625 Apr-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Last Post: dmytruk
  Forms, python, passlib and other questions marienbad 1 2,405 Feb-05-2019, 04:23 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  How to render xml with extended xslt SencerH 0 1,863 Apr-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SencerH