Python Forum
Pressing issue for these tasks
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressing issue for these tasks
Hi, I’m a newcomer of Python and still I’m in learning process. However, I bother myself with two tasks from Python because I even don’t know how to start, not to mention how to solve them. Although lecturers don’t want to help in any way, I am forced to look for a help on forum. So please if you know how to solve this let me know. Thanks in advance!

[Image: P6FBPKq]
This is not gonna work like this. What have you tried? We are glad to help, but we are not going to do your homework for you.
Post your assignment (not image of it), post you code so far - in python tags, full traceback (if any) - in error tags and ask specific question(s).
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Start by breaking the two assignments into a series of tasks, then tackle each task and post if you get stuck, including all your code and any errors you are getting.
In the first assignment you need to open the designated file, read each line, get the string between the tilde (~) and slash and store that string in a list. When done reading lines print the list.
For the second assignment you need to prompt the user for a file. Then in a try/except block open the file, read each line and print a line number along with the line from the file. The except block is where you print an error message if the file does not exist.
We won't do your homework for you, but will help when you get stuck. Post progress using Python tags and error messages
Ok, thanks for your assistance, I will try with abovementioned directions.