Python Forum
Frontier Communicatons
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frontier Communicatons
the Communication Workers of America (CWA) is on strike against Frontier Communicatons, my internet circuit provider (my IP is at the other end of a VPN).

this is one of those reasons i want to get local service from more than one internet provider at the same time and logically bond the internet connections together.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
my thing (5 commands in 5 files) that lets me easily run a command line session in the background (wrappers for the GNU screen command) sure was handy on remote servers during circuit outages. i could run long running commands in the background (not the same tty) without worry that they would be killed by connection drops. of course, the screen command offers the same capability. but my wrapper commands do make it easier, i find. that's why i wrote them.

last night there was a lot of up and down.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Make a search on the net to find the best internet providers in your area. It may help you.
(Mar-26-2018, 08:10 PM)raniya001 Wrote: Make a search on the net to find the best internet providers in your area. It may help you.
i've already done that. i know who the 3 providers here are. the other 2 have less bandwidth at a higher cost. and 1 of them bundles other things.

we have the same problem. Time Warner (or rather now called Spectrum) has a monopoly of the high speed Internet in the area. If they have problems or we have a problem with them there is nothing we can do. Luckily we have a new ISP coming in but they are taking a long time to put up fiber optic cables and it seems like our area in the city is going to be the last place to get it too.
Recommended Tutorials: