Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost_python3 problem
I'm not sure to be in the correct thread, just move my message if needed

On mac OS, every thing being updated, after installing the python-3.8.3-macosx10.9.pkg, I tried to install py3exiv2 and got this error ...
Error:
gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -arch x86_64 -g -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/include/python3.8 -c src/exiv2wrapper_python.cpp -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/src/exiv2wrapper_python.o -g g++ -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -arch x86_64 -g build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/src/exiv2wrapper.o build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/src/exiv2wrapper_python.o -lboost_python3 -lexiv2 -o build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.8/libexiv2python.cpython-38-darwin.so ld: library not found for -lboost_python3 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) error: command 'g++' failed with exit status 1
It apprears that the library boost_python3 is not found.
$ ls /usr/local/lib/*boost*python*
/usr/local/lib/libboost_python3.a /usr/local/lib/libboost_python3.dylib

I tried to modify the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable but got the same error.

Have you any idea ?
What do you mean by everything updated?
MacOSX catalina 10.15.4, last xcode, last python from python.org and so on.
Except for bought soft (office, photoshop, ..) , I keep always all my soft up do date with the last release as far as I can.
(May-26-2020, 01:30 PM)jcezanna56 Wrote: MacOSX catalina 10.15.4, last xcode, last python from python.org and so on.
Except for bought soft (office, photoshop, ..) , I keep always all my soft up do date with the last release as far as I can.
Hmm, Seems tricky. I'm not sure what the problem is if everything is up to date. If you want, i could post in a bit and put a link to this post to see if anyone could help :) good luck!